Welcome to Vehicle Inspector Licensing
You can use this system to:
- Apply for a new State of Texas vehicle inspector license
- Check the status of a vehicle inspector license application
Contact DPS at 1-512-424-7293 if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You currently hold an active, unexpired inspector license. You are not required to reapply.
- You currently hold an active, unexpired inspector license and require additional training or need to make a change to your inspection endorsements.
- You currently hold an active, unexpired inspector license and have changed employers or station locations.
- You currently have a suspended or revoked inspector license and are requesting reinstatement.
- Active Duty, Veteran, or Spouse of Active Duty applicants may qualify for a license fee exemption ($0)
- Proof of military status is required (current orders, DD-214 Member Copy-4, etc.)
- Submit proof of military status through the RSD Contact Us.
Instructions to check inspector license expiration date:Inspectors have the ability to view or print their inspector license through DPS Direct . Login and choose “Print inspector license” to view the current inspector license expiration date and/or print the license.
Select one of the buttons below to get started.